I originally posted this on the AMD OpenCL forum, but since I wasn't getting any replies and this may be more related to a misunderstanding of mine with the OpenCL spec than my usage of the AMD APP SDK, I'm cross posting it here as well.

I'm trying to experiment using clIcdGetPlatformIDsKHR, but I can't even seem to get my first test code to compile. I'm using the Visual Studio 2010 with the AMD APP SDK 2.6 and Catalyst 12.4--installed after the SDK. I've added $(AMDAPPSDKROOT)include and $(AMDAPPSDKROOT)lib\x86_64 (for x64) to the include and library directories, respectively, and added the OpenCL.lib to the linked libraries. Here's the short source code
Code :
    #if defined(__APPLE__) || defined(__MACOSX)
    #include <OpenCL/cl.hpp>
    #else
    #include <CL/cl.hpp>
    #endif

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        cl_int status = CL_SUCCESS;

cl_uint num_platforms = 0;
        cl_platform_id *platforms = NULL;

status |= clIcdGetPlatformIDsKHR(num_platforms, platforms, &num_platforms);
        platforms = new cl_platform_id[num_platforms];
        status |= clIcdGetPlatformIDsKHR(num_platforms, platforms, &num_platforms);

delete [] platforms;

return status;
    }
and error
Code :
    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol clIcdGetPlatformIDsKHR referenced in function main

Could anyone guess as to what's causing this error and how I could fix it? Thanks!