Thread: OpenWF - C on Android

OpenWF - C on Android

I'm trying to integrate openWF - C for Composition on Android . Wanted to know if anyone in the group has attempted doing the same?

This will be just a proof of concept and I would be using the Software reference implementation. Rendering would be left to OpenGL ES ( GPU ).

Re: OpenWF - C on Android

I'm not aware of any public attempts to port and integrate OpenWF to Android platform.
    I haven't taken a closer look, but I assume you would somehow need to integrate OpenWF below SurfaceFlinger in the graphics stack.

Please note that the Sample Implementation does not use HW acceleration at all. If you want to HW accelerate the composition, for example, using OpenGL ES, you need to write a new backend.

Re: OpenWF - C on Android

Thx! I'll be taking a look at Surface Flinger now. In the meentime i found the following porting issues for Android ( nothing major, the linux adaptation fits quiet well )

1:
    pthread_cancel not implemented in bionic

Error: external/OpenWFSample/SI_Adaptation/src/Platform/OS/linux/owfthread.c:103: warning: implicit declaration of function 'pthread_cancel'

In case of Composotion , it is called while termination in one place. i think the implementation can be modified to not use this function.

Android comments:
    http://groups.google.com/group/android- ... 3da2da65b1

2:
    need to adapt owfscreen_SDL.c to android