Thread: recreate clCreateKernel

recreate clCreateKernel

hello,everyone
    i don't know how to recreate the clCreateKernel()?i want to Processing video?but they cost so much time to create kernel program?please help me~~~~~~~

Re: recreate clCreateKernel

You don't need to call clCreateKernel() very often. You can reuse the same kernel all the time and instead call clSetKernelArg() multiple times when you want to change the kernel arguments.
    Disclaimer: Employee of Qualcomm Canada. Any opinions expressed here are personal and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer. LinkedIn profile.

can you give me a sample?
    because i try to reuse the kernel,but the program have error,thank!

Quote Originally Posted by david.garcia
    and instead call clSetKernelArg() multiple times when you want to change the kernel arguments.
    Don't really understand that

Quote Originally Posted by donintosh
    Quote Originally Posted by david.garcia
    and instead call clSetKernelArg() multiple times when you want to change the kernel arguments.
    Don't really understand that
    This is a very basic library calling technique, seen in pretty much any computer language in existence.

Think of the kernel as an object, clSetKernelArg just sets state on the object, and clEnqueueNDRangeKernel uses it's current state to invoke a remote procedure. The object is then free to be changed and re-used as required.

If you don't understand this you are going to have real trouble using opencl as this is pretty much the simplest part of the whole system.