Thread: AMD OpenCL set up.

AMD OpenCL set up.

Hi I am trying to learn OpenCL, but I am having some real problems setting up my environment. I have spent the last 2 hours following links and so called guides on how to run my first OpenCL program.

I have update my graphics card drivers to make sure it supports OpenCL (my card is a msi radeon x1550 and I have a really old computer in case you couldn't tell), I downloaded the AMD APP SDK and followed its instructions on how to build/run the first program. But when I do I get the following error:

Note it is the simple "hello world" app that comes with it.

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'CL/opencl.h'
    fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SDKFile.hpp'

I am using Visual Studio Express 2010 and I just ran the program as it came. I haven't touched a line of code or messed with any of the programs hierarchy. Going by the files instructions, it really should have been a case of hit F5 and go. But I keep getting the above errors.

I even bought the OpenCL PDF to work through but it doesn't cover set up of AMD. They have a nice bit about everything else, just not AMD.

Please help me. I really have no idea what's going wrong no matter how much I google it and read.

Re: AMD OpenCL set up.

Try asking here.
    Blog (in russian)