Thread: using openCL to generate sha2-512 checksums of files

using openCL to generate sha2-512 checksums of files

Hi all, First post.. be gentle.

I would say I am a junior programmer at best, however I have alot of experience in python and bash scripting. I am currently working on a project that involves the generation of lots sha2-512 and 256 checksums in order fingerprint files for later retrieval. With my regular 2x1.8ghz amd processor this can be a little time consuming. Ive been hearing about the capibilities of openCL and feel its time for me to give this avenue a whirl. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction towards writing a small script preferably in python (but I wouldnt mind summoning up my 10 year old c++ skills).

I have the impression that what I want todo is mostly done already, here:
    http://www.koders.com/cpp/fid5EB4BC4043 ... D52A5.aspx

but as Im just a lowly scripter Im not sure how I should use this file. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

cheers

Re: using openCL to generate sha2-512 checksums of files

I believe the code you have posted belongs to a project previously called OpenCL and renamed to Botan since the inception of the OpenCL parallel language.
    Disclaimer: Employee of Qualcomm Canada. Any opinions expressed here are personal and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer. LinkedIn profile.