Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Has anyone used a texture atlas and used it in Chrome?

Re: Has anyone used a texture atlas and used it in Chrome?

Yes, that's right, I tried clear backround to different colors and no gap-like things can be found when back face culling is enabled. But when back face culling is disabled, you can see the gaps clearly(Indeed, I think the model may have duplicated faces with different vertex index order).
    The problem only appears on one of my computer and that one is not here right now so I'll post a pair of pics to compare the difference later .

1 Disable Back Face Culling

2 Enable Back Face Culling

I agree that it sounds like you have inside-out geometry that's Z-fighting with forward-facing geometry.

There's nothing wrong with the mesh. I think it's a platform related bug.

FYI - incase anyone runs into similar issues as me. In Chrome anti-aliasing is enabled by default when the Webgl context is created. In javascript you can pass options to disable it. That fixed the texture bleeding issues I had.

I guarantee it didn't "fix" anything - you still have an underlying problem - you're just covering it up. I'm sure it'll show up again in some other way, even with antialiassing turned off.

WebGL (and the browser itself) have nothing whatever to do with the technicalities of how the pixels are drawn - that's only a matter of how the hardware and the underlying Direct3D or OpenGL driver works. If this were really a bug then it would be incredibly obvious in almost all PC-based games and it would have been fixed long ago.

-- Steve

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234