Here, totally free for everyone, is my current graphics engine and sample game project using VBOs, shaders, and even post processing.* It has a material system as well.* My goal is to make this demo run as fast as possible and remove or change any code that is not correct. It uses GL ES 2.0 exclusively.
Download my project here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5cswgi2z8 ... Engine.zip
It's 70mb but it should download pretty quick.
It should run on all devices 3GS and up.
Can you help me with these few things?
1) Why can't I remove the clear command on line 3218 of ES2Renderer.m in the classes, graphics folder of the project?* Removing it causes artifacts on the simulator and a black screen on the iPhone 4.
2) Is there anything you can see wrong with the code in general that can be fixed? (see the setRenderTarget, createRenderTarget, and other functions)
3) Is there anything that can be done to the project in general to make it run faster?
Currently, without render to texture and post processing I get about 38 FPS but with it I get about 28... a 10 FPS loss!

I'd like to be able to run with at least 2 post processes at a solid 30 FPS if possible.
What do you get out of helping me?* You get free code that the whole internet can examine, share, and learn from!* Maybe other people will be able to avoid common mistakes by the responses to this thread.
I have spent many hours on this completely on my own and now I'm ready for some real input.
Thanks, guys!