Thread: Porting from GL 1.x to ES 2.x

Porting from GL 1.x to ES 2.x

Hi all. I'm currently porting a game from GL to GLES2.0 and so am wondering if anyone has any good sources of information on the subject online? Moving from fixed function in one library to programmable in another means there's not a whole lot out there on the subject that I can find at least?

Re: Porting from GL 1.x to ES 2.x

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvarns
    Hi all. I'm currently porting a game from GL to GLES2.0 and so am wondering if anyone has any good sources of information on the subject online? Moving from fixed function in one library to programmable in another means there's not a whole lot out there on the subject that I can find at least?
    Nothing Tutorial.

We can only test.

Re: Porting from GL 1.x to ES 2.x

In general and in particular for PowerVR-based systems, you might want to look at a document by PowerVR called "Migration from OpenGL ES 1.0 to OpenGL ES 2.0", it's available in the PowerVR SDK (at least in the version of the PC emulator) http://www.imgtec.com/powervr/inside...nGLES2xSGX.asp. There are also several tutorials available in the SDK.

Also, the "OpenGL ES 2.0 Programming Guide" http://www.opengles-book.com/index.html has a lot of information about how to move from OpenGL ES 1.x to OpenGL ES 2.0 (in particular some code for simulating the fixed-function pipeline).

Hope that helps, Martin