Thread: copy from global memory to local memory..problem

copy from global memory to local memory..problem

I want to copy from global memory to local memory about image data.
    So I researched the opencl specification document and I found a function(async_work_group_copy() function).
    This function perform an async copy of elements from src to dst.
    But I didn't found example of async_work_group_copy() function.
    Evne if I found it, I didn't understand how am I control it..

So, I have to copy from global data to local data(also to copy from local data to global data)..
    I want to your advise
    What can I do??

Re: copy from global memory to local memory..problem

Code :
    __local ulong	clientPixelData[2048];
    __global ulong *sourcepos = (__global ulong *)(source + (sourceWidth * hexTop)+(hexLeft * 4));

event_t events = async_work_group_copy(&clientPixelData, sourcepos, cWidth,0);
    				wait_group_events(1, &events);

I have tree error
    :178: error: no matching overload found for arguments of type 'long __attribute_
    _((address_space(3)))*, long __attribute__((address_space(1)))*, int, int'
    event_t events = async_work_group_copy(clientPixelData, sourcepos, cWidth,0);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :238: error: no matching overload found for arguments of type 'ulong __attribute
    __((address_space(3)))(*)[2048], long __attribute__((address_space(1)))*, int, int'
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :353: error: no matching overload found for arguments of type 'ulong __attribute
    __((address_space(3)))(*)[2048], long __attribute__((address_space(1)))*, int, int'
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have tree error
    :178: error: no matching overload found for arguments of type 'long __attribute_
    _((address_space(3)))*, long __attribute__((address_space(1)))*, int, int'
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :238: error: no matching overload found for arguments of type 'ulong __attribute
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :353: error: no matching overload found for arguments of type 'ulong __attribute
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

anybody help me~~~~

Try changing

to
    or
    event_t events = async_work_group_copy(&clientPixelData[0], sourcepos, cWidth,0);

Your first argument is a ulong** instead of a ulong*.