Thread: OpenCL C# bindings

OpenCL C# bindings

[I apologize in advance if this post is not appropriate for the OpenCL forum.]

As part of the Open Toolkit project, I have implemented a C# wrapper for the OpenCL flat API. The first preview release is now publicly available for testing: if you are interested in using OpenCL from .Net, please take a look into the OpenTK.Compute namespace.

Features:
    • The bindings are CLS-compliant and usable by all .Net and Mono languages (C#, VB.Net, ...)[/*:m:16d5z31g]
    • They can be used along with the rest of the Open Toolkit (OpenGL/OpenAL), but theirsource is also usable stand-alone.[/*:m:16d5z31g]
    • The source is released under the MIT/X11 license and can be used in both open- and closed-source projects.[/*:m:16d5z31g]

The current plan is to stabilize the flat API, before layering OO sugar on top (modeled after the C++ headers).

Since I do not have access to an OpenCL implementation at this point, any and all feedback appreciated.
    [The Open Toolkit library: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenAL 1.1 for Mono/.Net]

Re: OpenCL C# bindings

The bindings have been synced with the latest headers from khronos.org, which fix several identified issues, and their API has been brought in line with the OpenGL*bindings found in OpenTK.

There are several planned improvements to the interface, but the bindings are now considered ready for testing.
    [The Open Toolkit library: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenAL 1.1 for Mono/.Net]