Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: OpenCL C++ Bindings

Re: OpenCL C++ Bindings

I am pleased to announce that there is an updated version of the C++ bindings for OpenCL 1.1 that fixes a number of issues, including:

- reference counting
    - native kernels

I've also added support for the extension cl_ext_device_fission, which can be enabled by adding:

#define CL_DEVICE_FISSION

before including cl.hpp.

I plan to use this approach for all optional extensions, assuming people are ok with this approach?

cl_platform.h now has definitions for the cl_typeN host types that allow the use of std::vector<cl_typeN> and so on.

There is still a number of open issues that we are working on but with reference counting fixed and cl_platform.h this should account for most of the difficulties.

Can someone tell me, what happened to the

Code :
    cl::CommandQueue  

cl_int 	setProperty (cl_command_queue_properties properties, cl_bool enable, cl_command_queue_properties *old_properties=NULL) const
     	Enable or disable the properties of a command-queue.

I was using it in OCL 1.0, and it is now (OCL 1.1) nowhere to be found...

Or, if it is obsolete now, how can i change the propertys of an alredy existing command queue??

It was deprecated in OpenCL 1.1. You now have to release the old one and create a new one.

I see. I'm not happy, but thanks, for the answer!

FYI, I was in need of a patched version of cl.hpp which addressed some issues, esp. this one, and I needed it now, and in a public place where others could download it.

So I decided to create an unofficial mirror of the CL headers from Khronos' SVN repository, and as I prefer Git over SVN, I did it here. Based on that read-only mirror, I created a fork which contains some patches from Bugzilla for the impatient ones like me.

Hopefully some of you find this central location for an unofficially patched version convenient, and would like to contribute.

The file at

http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/api/1.1/cl.hpp

*has* bindings for rev. 48 (OpenCL 1.0). Rev. 33 refers to OpenCL 1.1.

Is there any update KernelFunctor ignoring waitEvents issue mentioned in May 2010 in this post

http://www.khronos.org/message_board...p?p=7215#p7215

I just hit the same problem in my own code before finding the above post. It would be good to get this fixed. I can supply a fix for review if required.

Steve

The C++ bindings header (the version from March 3 2010, I guess - the combination of version numbers and dates in the file makes it hard to tell) requires OpenGL headers. Is this necessary? By my reading of the OpenCL 1.1 specification, OpenGL interoperability is an optional extension (see Sections 9.7-9.9). We have started to use the C++ bindings but are finding some users can't build our software because they do not have OpenGL installed. Our software does not use OpenGL.

By my reading of the license in cl.hpp, I can distribute a modified version of the header that either removes or #ifdefs the OpenGL interoperability declarations as long as I keep the license header, but it would be preferable if the "official" version distributed at the Khronos repository either #ifdef'd the OpenGL declarations or moved them to separate headers as is done with the C bindings.

My apologies if this has been discussed before - I didn't see it in this topic.

Is it possible to add constructors for memory objects (Buffers, Images) that take a regular OpenCL cl_mem object? I can see the ref counting to be a possible issue but right now there is no way to treat cl_mem objects created with IHV extensions the same way as those created with the C++ bindings.

Hi,

does anyone else experience problems with

cl::size_t<3> ret = kernel.getWorkGroupInfo<CL_KERNEL_COMPILE_WORK_GRO UP_SIZE>(device);

returning bogus values?

I think there is a bug where the copy constructor of cl::vector<::size_t, N> fails to copy the data on return from getWorkGroupInfo as the vector's empty_ flag is erroneously never set to false.

Someone can confirm?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910