Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenCL C++ Bindings

Re: OpenCL C++ Bindings

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffHilton
    bgaster: Could you please put the bindings under version control (SourceForge, Google Code, GitHub, etc) ?
    I've asked internally if we can open up the entire Khronos Registry area to public RO Subversion access, like we already have with the OpenGL Registry. It will take a few weeks to get people inside Khronos engaged on the discussion and come to a conclusion. I'm hopeful of a yes answer towards the end of September.
    Jon Leech
    EGL & OpenGL Specification Editor / OpenGL ARB Ecosystem TSG Chair / Khronos API Registrar

Great job! However, Program::getInfo() does not work (e.g., CL_PROGRAM_BINARY_SIZES) if the context has multiple devices.

Quote Originally Posted by oddhack
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffHilton
    bgaster: Could you please put the bindings under version control (SourceForge, Google Code, GitHub, etc) ?
    I've asked internally if we can open up the entire Khronos Registry area to public RO Subversion access, like we already have with the OpenGL Registry. It will take a few weeks to get people inside Khronos engaged on the discussion and come to a conclusion. I'm hopeful of a yes answer towards the end of September.
    I'm looking forward to this. I would like to start a project that is SWIG bindings around the C++ bindings. Then you can theoretically use OpenCL from any language SWIG supports, Python, Java, CSharp, etc. We have an extensive amount of SWIG experience we can contribute.

sharing memory objects with opengl

Hi,

can't find any methods for creating a buffer from an opengl renderbuffer or texture. Don't they exist, or didn't i find them?
    If they don't exist, when will they be added.

Re: sharing memory objects with opengl

Quote Originally Posted by mollitz
    Hi,

can't find any methods for creating a buffer from an opengl renderbuffer or texture. Don't they exist, or didn't i find them?
    If they don't exist, when will they be added.
    They can be found at:
    http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/
    in particular:
    http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/api/1.0/cl_gl.h
    http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/e...gl_sharing.txt

But you may still need to wait a while longer for NVidia/ATI to implement these fully.

there i found them. i ment i didn't find them in the c++-bindings.
    Will they be added in near future?
    how can i look up, what nvidia/ati drivers support until now? (e.g. where can i see which opencl-extensions they support)

You can query a device to see what extensions it supports. If cl/gl sharing is not listed, then it won't support those extensions. I know those are supported on the Mac, but I'm not sure about AMD/Nvidia.

Quote Originally Posted by oddhack
    Any update on this, being end of October now?

First of all, thanks for the C++ bindings. Being new to the bindings, I was looking at Platform::get() and assumed it supported to get NULL passed in order to query just the number of available platforms. But when passing NULL, it crashes, because the pointer is not checked. It's probably not very useful to query just the number of platforms after all, but in that case I'd recommend to make the argument a reference instead of a pointer to emphasize the argument is mandatory and NULL is not a valid value. In general, I highly recommend to "Use references when you can, and pointers when you have to.", see [1].

[1] "When should I use references, and when should I use pointers?"
    http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/r ... ml#faq-8.6

Quote Originally Posted by eyebex
    [...] I was looking at Platform::get() and assumed it supported to get NULL passed in order to query just the number of available platforms.
    BTW, I'm aware now that my assumption was complete nonsense, as get() does not return the number of available platforms, but an int to indicate the success of the call. But due to the lacking docs for the static get() method I did not realize this until looking at the source code =

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast