Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: eglCreatePbufferFromClientBuffer and Coordinate Systems

  1. #1

    eglCreatePbufferFromClientBuffer and Coordinate Systems

    Another question that arised recently:

    OpenVG Images are defined to have the origin of the coordinate system in the lower left corner (same as OpenGL textures and the OpenGL render surface).

    So far everything is consistent.

    However, the physical orientation (in memory) of the VGImage and Pbuffers are implementatin dependent. How should we handle the case if they don't match? For example the PBuffers could be top-down and the VGImages are bottom-up? If I would map the Image-Memory as a PBuffer surface it would appear to be mirrored on the x-axis.

    Also, we can't query the physical orientation of PBuffers from EGL, so it's hard to decide what to do.

    Nils

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4

    Re: eglCreatePbufferFromClientBuffer and Coordinate Systems

    Quote Originally Posted by Nils Pipenbrinck
    However, the physical orientation (in memory) of the VGImage and Pbuffers are implementatin dependent. How should we handle the case if they don't match? For example the PBuffers could be top-down and the VGImages are bottom-up?
    Given that both libEGL and libOpenVG come from the same implementor, wouldn't you expect that they match? Wouldn't be too clever to introduce extra overhead for themselves.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    353

    Re: eglCreatePbufferFromClientBuffer and Coordinate Systems

    Quote Originally Posted by kuroneko
    Given that both libEGL and libOpenVG come from the same implementor, wouldn't you expect that they match? Wouldn't be too clever to introduce extra overhead for themselves.
    They don't have to come from the same implementor. But if they don't, they have to work together using some unspecified interface. This interface must be able to handle all necessary information.
    Georg Kolling, Imagination Technologies
    Please ask questions specific to PowerVR hardware or SDKs on the PowerVR Insider Forum
    DevTech@imgtec.com | http://www.powervrinsider.com

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4

    Re: eglCreatePbufferFromClientBuffer and Coordinate Systems

    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas
    They don't have to come from the same implementor. But if they don't, they have to work together using some unspecified interface. ...
    Agreed. What I was trying to convey - and as you pointed out - there must be some common ground between both components.

Similar Threads

  1. eglCreatePBufferFromClientBuffer not creating
    By sammy in forum Cross API and window system integration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 06:42 AM
  2. eglCreatePbufferFromClientBuffer and Threads
    By Nils Pipenbrinck in forum Cross API and window system integration
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 05:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •