Thread: How to Load Bmp File for Texture Mapping?

How to Load Bmp File for Texture Mapping?

Hi,

does any one know how to load a bmp file for texture mapping using Symbian Sereis60? i dont want to follow the example in the SDK since it does image conversion from jpeg to bmp. i am using pure bmp so i dont need that conversion stage.

thnx

I think you need a different loader, but I don't know where you can find it...
    I also worked with pocket pc and the texture are in bmp format, if this can halp try to see http://www.zeuscmd.com/tutorials/ope...ureMapping.php
    but it's for pocket pc, for nokia I'm testing my app but I have some trouble with texture!

do you know how to import a 3d model?

thank u Giacomo
    i have already checked ur site. it contains honestly amazing material and very useful examples.
    i have checked ur texture maping example. the problem with it is that u used windowed based classes for bitmap handeling BITMAPINFOHEADER... these are not available in Series60 and hence i am not able to load the bitmap

thank u any ways for ur help
    regards

Hi,

You can load bitmaps with the Series 60 example-reference code. There should be minimal or no overhead from a "conversion". Or you can just google for "bmp file format", and write your own loader. Same applies to any public 2D-image / 3D-model format.