Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed(Texture Mapping)

Help needed(Texture Mapping)

I want to map a bmp file i-e "myimage.bmp" on a rectangular object.kindly gimme any tutorial or code sample. I ll be greatful to you for the favour.

Re: Help needed(Texture Mapping)

Gautam converted a bunch of NeHe OpenGL tutorials to OpenGL|ES a few months ago.

Take a look at this thread.

- ben

I should add that those ports use UG and therefore likely only work with the Khronos Linux and Vincent implementations.

You might want to look at regular OpenGL [texture mapping] tutorials. The syntax might be slightly different, but the concepts are the same. Try here or here.

- ben

i tried to manipulate one of the tutorials from the redbook "texbind", i did some thing like this ... but still not working. plz solve this segment

Code :

It would help if you also say what happens with that piece of code. Except for this it seems ok to me :-

Code :

The width and height need to be image width and height, not 2x2 which IMHO is very small.

Also call the following in Display not reshape.

Code :

Also sometimes biSizeImage returns 0, that time you have to use width * height * 3 for memory allocation.

But it would help if we have an idea of what exactly is not working and what exactly is happening with this code.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bentlegen:
    I should add that those ports use UG and therefore likely only work with the Khronos Linux and Vincent implementations.

You might want to look at regular OpenGL [texture mapping] tutorials. The syntax might be slightly different, but the concepts are the same. Try here or here.

- ben
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although they have only been tested on linux using UG implementation the rendering part can be easily copied from that to any other implementation

[ January 06, 2005: Message edited by: gautam ]

this code is trying to map "mybmp" on a triangle. Now its working a little bit. but the problem is that when i give it a plain bmp i-e of one color only, like red, or grey or yellow, it works, but when i give it any multicolored bmp, only its first color is displayed on whole triangle, for e.g if a bmp is divided into yellow and green color of equal size, only 1st color is displayed. how to solve this???

Just a guess, but it's likely that you're not specifying the proper height/width of the texture to glTexImage2D, and that the few colors that are getting through are being clamped throughout the rest of your textured poly.

- ben

I agree with this, but how can i specify the width and height of the image in glTexImage2D() ???i tried by following way but by doing so nothing appears on screen

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB,bitmapInfoHeader.biWidth,
    bitmapInfoHeader.biHeight, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,bitmapData);

[ January 06, 2005: Message edited by: qasim1981 ]

Hi. Are the dimensions of the bitmap power-of-two ? OpenGL ES only supports power-of-two textures (256x256, 128x64, ...).

--jani;

[ January 07, 2005: Message edited by: Jani Vaarala ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast