I'm just starting out with Symbian and OpenGL ES but I am somewhat confussed. Sorry for all the questions in one go but here goes:
- If I build an OpenGL ES app with the Symbian 60 r2 fp2 SDK can I deploy that onto any mobile phone, even models lesser than the Nokia 6630?
- Can I build OpenGL ES on earlier versions of the SDK?
- Does OpenGL ES have built in software rendering if used on hardware without acceleration just like the desktop version? In other words do I really need to use a seperate software renderer instead of OpenGL incase there is no hardware, or can I just fall back on OpenGL ES's software renderer in this case?
- Is there a better way to preview/test games I write than using the Symbian emulator, its impossible use because its so slow.
- Whats the best (at a reasonable cost) mobile device to buy to test my ES games (the Nokia 6630 is fully compatible but expensive, the N-Gage is cheaper but not hardware accelerated).
- How can I deploy ES games on mobile devices which don't have the OpenGL.dll installed?
- Can I build a Windows based OpenGL ES for development in Borland Builder C++ or VC++ prior to building with the Symbian SDK?
Although I'm fairly experienced with desktop OpenGL you can see that the world of Symbian and mobile devices is new to me, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.