Thread: ML on Windows CE

ML on Windows CE

Has anyone tried to create a build of the SDK for Windows CE using embedded VC++? I'd be interested in sharing experiences/solutions with anyone who has gotten this working.

Thanks,
    - John

Re: ML on Windows CE

Hello John
    Current version of the OpenML API doesn't support this operating system. you shoud use from the widows XP professional.Also it only supports the following version of VC++:
    Microsoft visual studio( C++ ), version 6.0, service pack 5

More information about the OpenML SDK:
    OpenML ML SDK Developer's Manual April 2004

-Ehsan-

[ April 26, 2005: Message edited by: Ehsan Kamrani ]

Yes, I'd also love to hear about ports to Windows CE!

Out of curiosity, are there any Windows CE devices that can do video I/O, or are we mostly talking about audio here?

I'm currently only working with audio, but if there aren't video I/O capable devices in WinCE yet, that's probably just a matter of time.

I was able to get ML to build for the most part, but ran into a lot of issues with string handling. WinCE appears to use wchar strings by default, so there are numerous type mismatches. In some cases, there's an ASCII version of the same function with a trailing 'A' (such as GetProcAddressA), but in other cases those don't exist. To add confusion, some structures have the same names as their Win32 counterparts but vary the types from char to wchar. Sometimes, that allows the same Windows functions to operate on the same structure names from Win32 to WinCE, but of course when you mix that in with other functions it creates a real mess.

One could live with converting the strings back and forth, or invest in using wchar strings in appropriate places in ML with conditionals, but I've paused my efforts for now.

Does a DirectX wrapper sounds resonable ?
    # how comes there is no way to directly copy an image to the colorbuffer ?
    # http://www.khronos.org/message_boards/v ... .php?t=511

# http://rzr.online.fr/java.htm # 3d demo on all java phones