Thread: Avi and mpeg

Avi and mpeg

Hi,

I just would like to know (because I didn't find it anywhere) if OpenML can read avi and mpeg files with each installed codecs and also write avi and mpeg files. I think it's possible but I would like to be sure before I start some developement.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Avi and mpeg

OpenML is an I/O API; it interfaces with capture and playback boards to capture live video feeds into memory buffers, or play back from memory buffers.

It is not a File I/O API. It has no provision for writing image files of any kind; for that, you will need to use another API / Toolset.

Re: Avi and mpeg

Hi,

ok... I understood right the documents and wrong an e-mail speaking about the examples fileToVideo and fileToAudio.
    Which video file I/O API would you advise ? It should be if possible platform indepedant. I tried GStreamer but I couldn't compile it on Windows. SDL is only to read the files... I'm a bit lost.

Thanks a lot for your answer and other futur answer.

I haven't looked at all that is available; I know that for AVI files, there is an API built into Windows. And I think (but I'm not certain) that the QuickTime API from Apple handles MPEG.

Which video file I/O API would you advise ?
    In MSDN, there are many tutorials about the AVI files. Search for them in http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/

-Ehsan-