PDA

View Full Version : Build on Linux fails

filand
01-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to build the libktx on linux which is failing for pure OpenGL. First of all GL/glcorearb.h is not (yet?) available. I'm using mesa 9.2.x which should be OpenGL 3.1 compatible, but the glcorearb.h came by OpenGL 4.3 I think... If I'm trying to use glext.h instead, then glGenerateMipmaps can't be found. I don't want to modify KTX code too much, I wanted to ask you guys first. I see, that the KTX code is written on MS Windows (CRLF), but I mean somebody of you would work on Linux too and did find a way.....

After all, I have to write a texture converter to convert my old format to KTX. The (3rd party) requirement of the converter is to bind it inside a Java library (JAR) more or less independent of the platform. What do you think, is it possible to cross compile the libktx for Windows/Linux 32/64 to deploy it in binary form?

Thank you for your help!

markc
01-29-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm currently trying to build the libktx on linux which is failing for pure OpenGL. First of all GL/glcorearb.h is not (yet?) available. I'm using mesa 9.2.x which should be OpenGL 3.1 compatible, but the glcorearb.h came by OpenGL 4.3 I think... If I'm trying to use glext.h instead, then glGenerateMipmaps can't be found. I don't want to modify KTX code too much, I wanted to ask you guys first. I see, that the KTX code is written on MS Windows (CRLF), but I mean somebody of you would work on Linux too and did find a way.....

I have tried several times to get Git to remove the blasted CRLF. It seems I failed. I will try again.

I have built libktx on Ubuntu 12.10. I am travelling so I can't access the machine to check but I'm pretty sure I used glew. If you use the CMake GUI & CMake build it is easy to set up the configuration and build the library.

After all, I have to write a texture converter to convert my old format to KTX. The (3rd party) requirement of the converter is to bind it inside a Java library (JAR) more or less independent of the platform. What do you think, is it possible to cross compile the libktx for Windows/Linux 32/64 to deploy it in binary form?

You can certainly compile the library on both Windows and Linux. It does not use any Windows-specific functions. However the result will be 2 different .a files. If you are writing a Java app you will have to write a Java class that wraps the library and uses its functions as native methods. Presumably the class loader can be made to load the class implementation appropriate to the host machine.