PDA

View Full Version : Can i call the same kernel function multiple times in a loop

shahsaurabh1990
01-24-2013, 03:13 AM
I have two for loops, in the outer for loop i want the result of inner for loop, what I want to do is parallelize the inner for loop which i will be doing using OpenCL. So for the outer loop i need to execute the inner loop multiple times.

chippies
01-24-2013, 04:15 AM
You can call a kernel function an unlimited number of times within any sort of loops structure.

shahsaurabh1990
01-25-2013, 05:00 AM
Can we have print statements inside the kernel function??

clint3112
01-25-2013, 05:22 AM
Not all Vendors support that feature. Look for the extension in amd and intel sdk. Nvidia will not work afaik

shahsaurabh1990
01-25-2013, 05:27 AM
I am writing an OpenCL code which parallelizes finding the minimum number in an array.
Here is my kernel function:
What i am doing is comparing all the elements with all the other elements and the element which is greater i am changing the corresponding value of M[i] to 1. At last we have only one element in M array with value 0, with that index we can look in the A array and have our minimum value

__kernel void array(__global int *A, __global int *M) {

// Get index of the element
int i = get_global_id(0);
int j = get_global_id(1);

//barrier(CLK_LOCAL_MEM_FENCE);
// Do the operation

if(A[i]<A[j] && i!=j)
{M[j]=1;}
}
I am getting all the values M array as 0.
But the output should be that only one value of the M array should be 0. and that index would give me the min number index in array A.