PDA

View Full Version : Anyone working on a easy build sample for Axim X50v

jinks
11-30-2004, 02:37 AM
Hi,

I've got my Dell Axim X50v. It seems to come with a libGLES_CL.dll built in. Getprocaddress returns sensible values and a Lib (origins unknown) appeared on AximSite. However using either method to glGetString is returning a NULL not a string for GL_RENDERER, GL_VERSION, GL_VENDOR, I believe that means an error occured. If anyone has got an answer for GL_RENDERER I'd love to hear it. As the 2700G games that come with the Dell work I presume this is all my fault and I should look to the many other parts of work I need doing and defer this to when a days work will get me a days progress. I had hoped I could get a benchmark to see what complexity I can make my games on the X50v.

I notice HM Will and PowerVR Staff answering questions here. I "know" HM from PocketMatrix and I am signed up with PowerVR so the quality here is very high. So this must be the place to ask.

Are we likely to see a simple EVC easy build example in the next few months that uses hardware acceleration of the X50v with binary and source?

hmwill
11-30-2004, 09:19 AM
I've been playing with this library myself and have not been very successful so far (according to its author it is derived from the headers that come with Vincent).

What I was about to check next is if the calling conventions are correct. (cdecl vs. stdcall)

- HM

jinks
11-30-2004, 11:22 AM
I didn't think you had an Axim X50v. Like I said getprocaddress returns what appears to be sensible values without all the tokens that often appear around names.

[ November 30, 2004: Message edited by: StylusGames ]

hmwill
11-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Does it work with __stdcall instead?

- HM

PS: I got my x50 last week... :-)

jinks
11-30-2004, 04:05 PM
I swapped stdcall for cdecl on glGetString. It made no difference. To check I was using getprocaddress correctly I tested it with GXGetDisplayProperties, changing to stdcall didn't stop that from returning valid data in a structure.

Maybe the compiler is ignoring me but even a /Gz option makes no difference to the result.

What makes you suspect it is stdcall. I can see for speed not cleaning the stack would be an idea but why would it error. glGetString if I was coding would just send a prestored string after a case on the passed int.

hmwill
11-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Oh, it's just what I believe APIENTRY defaults to. Unless I am wrong... I don't have time to play myself at this point, but I'll try to step through the function in disassembly mode. Just to see if it's implemented or just a placeholder. I tried to get the car demo work, but somehow some essential function is missing (so I am getting a 193 error).

When I get any positive result, I'll post it here...

- HM

KristofBeets
12-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Attempts at using Axim X50v OpenGL-ES are being discussed here :

Link to AximSite forums (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=57785&page=2)

Hope this helps,

K~

hmwill
12-03-2004, 05:04 AM
That's exactly the thread the preceding discussion refers to.

- HM

jinks
12-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Exactly but thanks Kristov for the help.

However it is clear its not a finished DLL. And doesn't meet the FULL 1.0 standard. Not responding Vendor, Renderer, etc.

As long as it isn't finished there is hope a finished release will include a developer friendly release.

KristofBeets
12-03-2004, 10:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>However using either method to glGetString is returning a NULL not a string for GL_RENDERER, GL_VERSION, GL_VENDOR, I believe that means an error occured. If anyone has got an answer for GL_RENDERER I'd love to hear it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did some more think about this and I think I know what you are doing wrong and it has nothing to do with your calling conventions.

Prior to calling any opengl commands you need to have a valid context. Without context no GL and hence no GL_RENDERER, GL_VERSION, or GL_VENDOR. Returning NULL is actually the correct answer.

Can you try calling glGetString "after" you have created a window with a valid context?

Hope this helps,

K-

jinks
12-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Edit...NDA?/rumors stuff.

Thanks to HM for some code elsewhere which links with the Aximsite .lib and I used GLES include files from his sourceforge 80a src. Why a platform specific file from a software renderer works is unknown to me.

GL_RENDERER=Intel(r) 2700G Multimedia Accelerator
GL_VENDOR=Intel(r) Corporation
GL_VERSION=OpenGL ES-CL 1.0
GL_EXTENSIONS=GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_env_enhanced_fixed_function

I really expected Renderer to mention MBXLite. I'm still waiting for the vendor to release something more finished.

[ December 06, 2004: Message edited by: StylusGames ]

KristofBeets
12-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Some more info and help can be found here:

Dynamic Link Lib (http://pocketmatrix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19869&sid=7f7b441d26b5f7b13d806795aa836b02)

OGL-ES Benchmark (http://pocketmatrix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19811&sid=7f7b441d26b5f7b13d806795aa836b02)

Performance discussion and feedback (http://pocketmatrix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19785&sid=7f7b441d26b5f7b13d806795aa836b02)

Hope this helps,

K-

hmwill
12-20-2004, 02:07 PM
In addition, the official 2700G SDK is now available from Intel.

- HM

tellman
12-21-2004, 10:18 AM
>>In addition, the official 2700G SDK is now available from Intel.

Where did you find it? Or is it just for premium subscribtion developers?

Neuroman
01-29-2005, 07:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> >>In addition, the official 2700G SDK is now available from Intel.

Where did you find it? Or is it just for premium subscribtion developers?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did anyone give it a try meanwhile ?!?