PDA

View Full Version : What about removing difficulties for developers to downl

thegroff
04-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Hi all,

Why don't you remove your fax-sent license? If you want developers to use your API, make thing easy for them to download it. I'm sure lots of developers have chosen NOT to use openML only because having to download a pdf, print it and sign it... and then fax it to USA.

We aren't going to use openML just for that reason.

Sincerely,

Me.

antoniojlopez
05-11-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm agree with you!
Remove the "Open"ML fax-sent license!!
If you want developers to use it

szm
05-31-2004, 03:26 PM
i agree!!the method to download openml is very bothering!! i don't know how to download it easily!!

]\/[@d-Reindeer
06-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Count me in.

commandor
06-14-2004, 06:38 PM
I'm strongly agree, it is bad practice, to complicate things. Be simple..
Regards,
commandor

ehsan2004
06-29-2004, 12:34 PM
yes. i'm agree with this.

jahshaka
07-06-2004, 02:56 PM
This project seems to be going nowhere, have you read the licence? if you download it you cant even share it with your fellow developers... so its not really Open now is it. Its not accesable... and how can we write software for a api that we cant share?

We at the jahshaka project have been working with the Khronos group (even shared their booth at siggraph last year), Sgi and OpenML hardware developers and we cant even download the final release without signing the agreement which we refuse to sign.

Added to that, we cant even get openml compliant hardware to develop on and all the Khronos group seems to be focusing on is OpenGL ES.

Its been 2 years of empty promises... it would be great to see some progress.

jahshaka
07-06-2004, 03:14 PM
its also great to see that no one has replied to any of these posts in the last 2 MONTHS

frankb
07-13-2004, 04:03 AM
Folks,

We are exploring other options to simplify the download
process.

Regards,
frank

einstein
08-08-2004, 04:34 AM
I agree! The idea of this is really great but please make it Open Source!!!!!

Azid Angel
08-15-2004, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frankb:
Folks,

We are exploring other options to simplify the download
process.

Regards,
frank<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What should i understand by that? "Exploring other options...". I want to say: It cannot be so damn difficult to make the download public, or let the agreement be signed online. I really cannot understand why you chose this whole crappy thing. It's really blocking ones effort to use your library.

cllee
08-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Always hate it when companies act in such half-hearted manner. Either they have no faith with themselves or the developers out there...

Had an idea though. Anyone got a copy of it?
Why not share it out?

ehsan2004
08-30-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi
I have the previous SDK--not the latest. But i don,t know that the khronos group permit me to share it with the members?
...Ehsan