PDA

View Full Version : OpenML, Sourceforge and Unsupported Press Release

joc61
06-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Hello All,
I was wondering what happened to the release of the OpenML SDK on Sourceforge. Is there any official position in regards(any Khronos or SGI folks tuned in?)
An unsupported press release is not really that good for the PRs, even worse for the reputation of the originator, in this case the Khronos Group.
Another press release or official statement would be definitely a better policy than hiding or ignoring queries such as this one.

I am asking Khronos to come forward and just say things the way they are. This is a matter of principles, correctness and professionality.

[ June 06, 2005: Message edited by: joc61 ]

no-one
06-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Seconding the call for official word...

JesseM
06-07-2005, 04:27 PM
I third this motion.

fjaubert
06-09-2005, 01:50 AM
The OpenML SDK will indeed be released as open source, on SourceForge.

Due to a variety of small delays, the release has not happened as soon as we hoped, but it is on the way.

Thank you for your patience with this.

JesseM
06-12-2005, 05:46 AM
Well it is good to hear that the project is still in development. Should I assume the delays have something to do with moving forward to 1.1? Don't mean to be a nuissance for asking but I have been extremely curious about the direction of the project lately. And I'm sure the project is up on Sourceforge the community can be a help in fixing any existing problems.