PDA

View Full Version : mlquery.exe

ehsan
02-14-2004, 10:54 PM
hi
under my operating system-windows XP-, the "mlquery.exe" doesn't work. why?

fjaubert
02-15-2004, 07:38 AM
mlquery should work on XP (it was developped under XP).

Make sure you start the "mldaemon" before attempting to run any ML programs. See the documentation that gets installed in the "OpenML/docs" dir for more detail.

wdb
02-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Hello,

I also happen to have issues with mlquery.exe application.

It's returning:

D:\development\OpenML\ml\bin>mlquery
mlquery error: mlGetCapabilities has failed

I am using OpenML under Windows XP Professional (English Edition) on a Acer Travelmate 803LCi laptop. Which includes a NVIDIA Radeon Mobility 9000.

Anyone happen to know why the mlGetCapabilities error occurs?

Thanks in advance.

fjaubert
02-17-2004, 05:12 AM
The most common cause of "mlGetCapabilities has failed" is that the mldaemon is not running. It is essential for the daemon to be running before an ML application starts up.

You can start the daemon in "foreground" mode -- convenient for testing -- by using the "-debug" command-line argument. Do not stop the daemon until you are finished testing your ML programs.

wdb
02-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi!

Sorry! I didn't knew that one.

I am now receiving:

Because this only seems to someup some sound device, but I can detect any VIDEO device. Now is my question is OpenML only useful for
AUDIO and VIDEO (as in capturing from digibetascam for example) instead of 2D/3D graphics like you normally use OpenGL for. I thought I read you could use OpenML for this too.

[ February 17, 2004: Message edited by: wdb ]

fjaubert
02-18-2004, 06:20 AM
You are not seeing any video devices because there are currently no sample modules on Windows that deal with Video. It is expected that video board manufacturers will provide ML modules that work with their hardware.

ML is primarily an API to transfer media streams -- ie, capture from input devices, or send to output devices. It is complementary to OpenGL: you may render 3D graphics with OpenGL, integrate that with video captured using ML (as texture, for instance), and output the result as video, again using ML.

wdb
02-21-2004, 05:27 AM
Aha. Thanks. I thought OpenML also supported 3D graphics, so was something like followup of OpenGL+video support etc.

[ February 21, 2004: Message edited by: wdb ]

ehsan
02-23-2004, 02:09 AM
hi
when i attemped to run the mldaemon.exe,it also returned. also when i run the mlquery.exe, it is returned.can you help me again?