PDA

View Full Version : MLU Function overview?

]\/[@d-Reindeer
07-31-2003, 02:06 PM
Is there any mlu function overview already??

If not,I have the following questions to you:

-How do I determine the second parameter of the "mluFindDeviceByName" Function???
Any way to enumerate avaiable devices??

-Whats the meaning of the return value of that function???

Thanks in advance

JesseM
08-01-2003, 07:51 AM
I think the return value is just another status variable for error checking. A successful return value is 0 while everything else is an error code. I think you can get a string form of the error by using mlStatusName(code);

I have not idea as to the second parameter. This is the only part ML so far I don't understand. I know it's supposed to take the name of a device, but according to mlquery I have to devices on my system. I guess I'm out of luck. Do I have to install special drivers or something for ML to work?

]\/[@d-Reindeer
08-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Maybe mlGetCapabilities with system parameter
gets you a list of devices somehow.

But however,mlGetCapablities always fails.
I also have the feeling you need some more
drivers.

fjaubert
08-01-2003, 09:28 AM
There are man pages for most of the mlu functions. On Windows, they currently do not get installed anywhere automatically; however, you may read these man pages by going into the directory (.../oss/man/man3dm/common) and issueing the man command with the filename of the page you wish to read, eg:
man ./mluCapabilities.3dm

This particular page includes information on "mluFindDeviceByName()", as well as information on enumerating the available devices. You may also look at the source code for the mlquery program (in oss/tools/mlquery/common).

You can see all the different MLstatus values by looking at the header file
oss/lib/ml/common/include/mldefs.h

Also, the function mlStatusName (see the man page in the same directory as above) will convert the enum into a string, to help in debugging.