PDA

View Full Version : MLdc

wild_pointer
12-19-2003, 04:08 PM
Im trying to play with MLdc, but before my call to mldcConnect even completes I get a message printed to the console: "MLdc: Warning: no devices found on this system" and then my app crashes.

What am I doing wrong? This is my entire program:

fjaubert
01-13-2004, 09:38 AM
The message means that you don't have any MLdc modules (ie: devices) installed on your system. Without any modules, your app will not be able to control anything through the MLdc API. Our next Beta release will include a small sample module.

However, your app should not crash if there are no modules. This could be a bug in the API, I'll check it out. Can you describe your system configuration? (OS version, etc.)

fjaubert
01-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Sorry, I hadn't paid enough attention to your listing.

mldcConnect() does not allocate space for the system handle -- you must supply a pointer to a properly allocated area in memory in which to store the handle.

ie, try the following:

This should work without crashing (but it won't solve the "no devices found" issue).

wild_pointer
01-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Thank's for the reply, I guess I'll wait for your next release to play with it. The other issue was a rather foolish error on my part, thanks for pointing it out.

Tactive
01-19-2004, 01:54 AM
So, without any modules / examples the OpenMLdc seems to be uselesse or what can I do now with the current release ?

The main idea and concept of OpenML/OpenMLdc is excellent, no question. Hope to see soon some examples.

Some detailed documentation of the interface would also be nice.

Cheers,
Tactive

]\/[@d-Reindeer
01-19-2004, 08:15 AM
Are there any more popular hardware manufactorers (i.e. ATI,NVidia,Creative Labls etc.) to support OpenML in the near future?

fjaubert
01-22-2004, 10:20 AM
In response to Tactive's post:

detailed documentation of the API is available in the OpenML specification document (downloadable from the Khronos website).