PDA

View Full Version : Video Capture.

Falken
08-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Hi! everyone. I would to know if I can use OpenML to capture live video and single frames to bitmap or jpg files with a framegrabber (ATI all in wonder or Studio DC 10) or webcam.
I'm working with DirectX but it's very poor in video grabbing performance. (ISampleGrabber Class)

It's OpenML the solution to my problem?
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards!

ehsan2004
08-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Yes. It's possible that you capture video frames with OpenML. Example *videoToFile* explains that how you should write the video frames into a file with OpenML. With an API like OpenIL-DevIL-You can also create many types of files, open them, etc. If you like to use from the video data as a texture for your objects, you should use from another API like OpenGL to show the video frames on your objects.
Also take a look at this link:
http://khronos.org/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000086
Run Mlquery to see that which devices are supported in your OpenML implementation.
Hope this helps...
-Ehsan-

[ August 06, 2005, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Ehsan Kamrani ]

fjaubert
08-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Yes, in theory OpenML does what you want.

The only issue is that you must have an OpenML module (like a driver) for your particular hardware. This module would have to be provided by your hardware vendor (Khronos only provides the SDK).

vhonnet
08-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Hi,

concerning this topic: I'm trying to get a video signal with videoToMem but mlquery don't find the video devices. Actually it found the USB-Webcam but as only an audio device. I think it's because I don't have the right module for the hardware as you wrote. But I also plugged in an Handycam to the graphic card (ATI x800xt) and it didn't recognized it too. The same with the firewire.
What did I wrong ? Should I also have drivers or something like that for the USB-Webcam ?

Vincent

fjaubert
08-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Yes, you need an OpenML module for every board you wish to use with the ML SDK.