How to get involved in the Khronos Group
Your company may apply for participation as a Member, or become an Adopter and enter Conformance testing. Here are details:
- Contributor Members have full specification working group participation and voting rights, and generous marketing benefits.
- Academic Contributor Members (for accredited academic institutions only) have full specification working group participation at reduced membership dues but without working group voting rights.
- Promoter Members act as the "Board of Directors" to set the direction of the Group, with final specification ratification voting rights and the right to designate a Director to the Board. There are limited openings at this level of membership and applications must be approved by the Khronos Board of Directors. Companies are generally requested to participate for 6-12 months at the contributor level first.
- Adopters are not members but are able to participate in the Conformance Test Process for particular Khronos Technologies.
|Participation Type||Cost (USD)|
|Promoter Membership||$30,000 annually - fee increase to $60K/yr Jan 2014
(when elected to join by current Promoters Board)
|Contributor Membership||$10,000 annually - fee increase to $15K/yr Jan 2014: Join now and save 33%|
|Academic Membership||$1,000 annually|
|Member Conformant Product Testing||Typically $10,000 for unlimited submissions for an API up to a particular API version|
|Non-member Conformant Product Testing||$15,000 for non-members for unlimited submissions for an API up to a particular API version|
How to Execute a Khronos Group Membership Agreement
1 - Download, Review and Sign the Appropriate Membership or Adopter Agreements
Complete the cover page and the signature page on two complete copies of the your Membership Agreement and send completed agreements to the address below.
Promoter Contributor Academic Contributor Non-member Member Agreement Complete and sign. Tick and sign the "Apply for Promoter Membership" box Complete and sign - default membership class is Contributor Membership. Complete and sign. Tick and sign the "Apply for Academic Contributor Membership" box - Adopters Agreement Optional: Complete and sign. Pay Conformance Test Fee. Optional: Complete and sign. Pay Conformance Test Fee. Optional: Complete and sign. Pay Conformance Test Fee. Complete and sign. Pay Conformance Test Fee.
- If you would like original signatures returned to you on your copy, please send two signed original sets of all documents. We will countersign both and return to you.
- If you send us one signed set, we will countersign, make a copy to send to you, and keep the original signature copy in our archives.
- Answers to common license and Intellectual property questions
2 - Pay Dues
- Billing contact name, address, phone and email address
- Any internal PO number you may require on invoice for payment
Our preferred method of payment is by wiring of funds to our bank account, although you may mail a check.
Detailed instructions for both methods of payment are included on the actual invoice.
3 - Get Access to the Members Only Areas and Work Group Mailing Lists
With Khronos Group Membership comes access to the "Members Only" portions of our website. The resources in this area will enable you to email to work groups and to post CONFIDENTIAL documents in the Member work groups. Once you are approved as a member, each person within a company can sign up to participate.
Don't overlook the marketing and PR staff at your company -- besides contributing to the development of these important specifications, your membership entitles you to significant Marketing benefits).
4 - Contacts and Addresses
9450 SW Gemini Drive #45043
Beaverton, OR 97008-6018 USA
Office: +1 (415) 869-8627
Fax: +1 (707) 202-0030
Still have questions?