How to get involved in the Khronos Group!
Your company may apply for participation as a Member, or become an Adopter and enter Conformance testing. Here are details:
- Contributor Members have full specification working group participation and voting rights, and generous marketing benefits.
- Academic Contributor Members (for accredited academic institutions only) have full specification working group participation at reduced membership dues but without working group voting rights.
- Promoter Members act as the "Board of Directors" to set the direction of the Group, with final specification ratification voting rights and the right to designate a Director to the Board. There are limited openings at this level of membership and applications must be approved by the Khronos Board of Directors. Companies are generally requested to participate for 6-12 months at the contributor level first.
- Adopters are not members but are able to participate in the Conformance Test Process for particular Khronos Technologies.
Participation Type Cost (USD) Promoter Membership $30,000 annually
(when elected to join by current Promoters Board)
Contributor Membership $10,000 annually Academic Membership $1,000 annually Member Conformant Product Testing Typically $10,000 for unlimited submissions for an API up to a particular API version Non-member Conformant Product Testing $15,000 for non-members for unlimited submissions for an API up to a particular API version
How to Execute a Khronos Group Membership or Adopter Agreement
1 - Download, Review and Sign the Appropriate Membership or Adopter Agreements
- First: complete the cover page and the signature page on two complete copies of the your Membership Agreement.
- Next: Send completed agreements to the address in Step 4.
Which agreement is right for my company?
|Member Agreement (178KB pdf)||Complete and sign. Tick and sign the "Apply for Promoter Membership" box||Complete and sign - default membership class is Contributor Membership.||Complete and sign. Tick and sign the "Apply for Academic Contributor Membership" box||-|
|Adopters Agreement (101KB pdf)||Optional: Complete and sign. Pay Conformance Test Fee.||Optional: Complete and sign. Pay Conformance Test Fee.||Optional: Complete and sign. Pay Conformance Test Fee.||Complete and sign. Pay Conformance Test Fee.|
- Answers to common license and Intellectual property questions
- Section 4 below lists all mailing addresses and fax numbers
- If you would like original signatures returned to you on your copy, please send two signed original sets of all documents. We will countersign both and return to you.
- If you send us one signed set, we will countersign, make a copy to send to you, and keep the original signature copy in our archives.
2 - Pay Dues
- Billing contact name, address, phone and email address
- Any internal PO number you may require on invoice for payment
- Our preferred method of payment is by wiring of funds to our bank account, although you may mail a check.
Detailed instructions for both methods of payment are included on the actual invoice.
3 - Get Access to the Members Only and Adopters Only Areas and Work Group Email Lists
With Khronos Group Membership comes access to the "Members Only" portions of our website. The resources in this area will enable you to email to work groups and to post CONFIDENTIAL documents from the Member work groups. Once you are approved as a member, each person within a company can sign up to participate.
- Don't overlook the marketing and PR staff at your company -- besides contributing to the development of these important specifications, your membership entitles you to significant Marketing benefits).
4 - Contacts and Addresses
Gold Standard Group handles all questions about Membership, signed documents and payments:
|Khronos Group Management||Telephone||Mailing Address|
Office: +1 (415) 869-8627
Still have questions?