Aug 22nd, 2012
Transgaming, Ottawa, Ontario
Categories: OpenGL, OpenGL ES,
TransGaming is looking for experienced graphics software developers to enhance and maintain our advanced graphics technologies, including Cider (DirectX to OpenGL), ANGLE (OpenGL ES to DirectX), and SwiftShader (Software Rendering).
- Work with the industry’s most advanced graphics APIs, including Direct3D 11.x, OpenGL 4.x, and as-yet-unreleased standards.
- Architect, design and implement new graphics features and technologies
- Participate in maintenance and debugging of TransGaming’s graphics API implementations
- Profile and debug games and graphics applications running on various platforms
- Provide assistance and support to other engineering and support teamsWork with a variety of leading game studios and technology partners on bleeding-edge top-tier games
- Participate in standards body processes about future industry standard graphics APIs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years experience in software development
- Extensive C and C++ experience
- Direct3D 9 (or later) and OpenGL (or OpenGL ES 2.0) programming experience
- Experience with vertex and pixel/fragment shaders
- Work well in a team-based environment
- Proven ability to work on tasks independently and to meet time lines and quality objectives
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- 4 years or more experience in software development
- OpenGL 3.x (or above) development experience
- WebGL or OpenGL ES 2.0 development experience
- Direct3D 9 and Direct3D 10 or 11 development experience
- Windows programming experience
- Mac OS X or Linux programming experience
- Compiler design experience (either front or back end)
- Experience debugging rendering problems in games or other graphics applications
- Experience analyzing and profiling graphics performance in games or other graphics applications
- Experience with graphics driver development
- Familiarity with game engine design and implementation
- Familiarity with emulation and translation techniques
- Comfortable installing operating systems and swapping video cards
- Low-level/assembly programming skills
- Graphics or CPU hardware architecture knowledge
This is for a full time permanent position, preferably working from our Ottawa, Ontario office, though candidates in Toronto and remote locations will also be considered. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We also have a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in the above position, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Agency calls please.