What are Khronos Chapters? What do they do?
Chapters host all kinds of Khronos technology-related events, from casual meet ups and socials to hack fests, fundraisers, guest lectures, community service and educational events.
What is the scope of an individual Khronos Chapter; how big do they get?
The primary responsibility of a Chapter Leader is to act as a liaison to and evangelist for Khronos at the local (city or region) level.
The Chapter Leader helps to orchestrate activities and ensure main Chapter goals are met. These goals include communicating regularly on the region’s Khronos technology and coordinating local, casual, end-user supported meet-up activities. Duties may also involve suggesting and appointing individuals to other positions within the Chapter.
The overarching goal of the Chapters program is to foster local hubs of Khronos-related activity and participation. A program at the national level cuts out many dozens of smaller markets where there are evangelists interested to help, so local Chapters were born to serve this local need.
How do I start a Khronos Chapter?
If there is not a Khronos Chapter in your area and you are interested in volunteering to help start one in your city or region, fill out the simple online form to express your interest.
What kind of volunteers does each chapter need?
Each Chapter is welcome to define the type and number of volunteers it needs based on local interest. Some suggestions for roles in a local Chapter include: Social Media Evangelist & Reporter, Student Programs Liaison, Fundraising Committee, etc. As such, the level of commitment required should not be overwhelming for the Chapter Leader.
Operational Guidelines for Chapter Leaders and other Volunteers
- Holding Internal Chapter Events
- Internal meet ups with Chapter Members do not require approval.
- Holding Public Events Hosted by the Chapter
- While Chapter Leaders enjoy a lot of freedom in their planning for fulfilling outreach activities in their city or region, for any Khronos Chapter Programs and related activities using the Khronos name, Khronos Group reserves the right to ask you to modify or cancel plans.
- We recommend an annual event calling for participation and opening the floor to individuals interested in serving as Chapter Leader.
- We request that established Chapters issue two quarterly newsletters – one internal and one external – reporting on the region’s Khronos technology, upcoming Chapter events and other news.