The Khronos Group to invite Universities and Training Centers to Submit Open Course Content
The Khronos Group is pleased to invite Universities and Training Centers to Submit Open Course Content for Free KITE (Khronos Institute for Training & Education) Program
The Khronos™ Group www.khronos.org, maintainers of open standards such as OpenGL®, OpenCL™, WebGL™ and many other universal graphics, parallel computing and mutlimedia APIs for over 10 years, is very excited to extend this formal invitation to you for early participation in our soon-to-be-announced KITE initiative.
Khronos standards have existed for over a decade and we are proud to begin the next steps in outreach – education.
KITE is a cooperative effort between the Khronos Group, its individual members and worldwide educational institutions to provide free, web-based resources and Wiki hosting of Khronos-approved educational materials for teachers and students. We are building a repository of open courseware from universities and colleges worldwide and invite your participation.
Designed to facilitate communications and enable project collaboration between educators, students, researchers and Khronos Group members, KITE will offer reference materials and coursework covering all of the Khronos Group programming solutions, including its acclaimed OpenGL family of desktop and mobile 3D graphics APIs, OpenCL heterogeneous computing, OpenMAX™ multimedia frameworks and many more.
Due to your involvement as a leading member of the web community of CG educators, professionals and companies we offer you this early opportunity to become join us in this exciting initiative. We are pleased to offer marketing resources to publicize your involvement in KITE when we launch in a few weeks. Let us know if you are interested.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and we hope you choose to participate in this exciting education initiative.
Benefits to Educators
Educator benefits will include
- free online listings in the KITE directory as well as sharing open courseware
- a reduction in necessary prep time for Khronos-related materials
- peer-reviewed courseware from colleagues
- sharing real-world teaching experiences
- leveraging of Khronos members to find industry placements
- internships and sale prices on premium courseware
While all teaching institutions are invited to submit content for review (and if approved to have upload and sharing privileges), a teaching institution must be a Khronos Academic Member to receive enhanced promotion of their coursework and to have access to the “behind the scenes” communications on the KITE website.
Benefits to Students
Students all over the world will have access to a wide range of resources, including
- “Study Hall” with industry materials and forums for courseware discussions with lecturers
- “The Quad” for online meet-ups for students to discuss projects and news
- a notice board to find internships, competitions and projects offered by Khronos Members
- “Roving Reporter” opportunities to report back on industry activities and to share demo videos and interviews.
Details on Course Content Submissions
If you have course content, reference materials, and/or presentations and are willing to help us build a world-class facility to share this with others interested or involved in open standards, please contact:
Principal, Horizon PR
Phone: +1 (415) 952-3001